SOLEX is the biggest three-day event in the Outdoor Living Trade calendar. An essential event to see what’s new, what’s on trend and the opportunity to meet, greet and catch up with familiar faces and friends from the industry.
SOLEX 2021 promises to be no exception, exhibitors are already buzzing about the new ranges and products for spring / summer 2022. In the absence of a physical exhibition for 2020, gossip and trade will be exchanged in equal measure for 2021 without a doubt!
COVID ALL SECURE STANDARD COMPLIANT
SOLEX customer and visitor safety remains our number one priority so everyone can take confidence in that our contractor Maelstrom, works with the Association of Event Organisers (AEO), Association of Event Venues (AEV), Events Supplier and Services Association (ESSA) and its stakeholders, to adhere to the All Secure Standard. This has been set up to provide a best-practice guide to industry professionals responsible for organising and delivering organised industry events, trade shows and exhibitions of all sizes, in all locations. They are also working closely with the DCMS (Digital Culture Media and Sports Committee) and they are approved to run events in line with their guidelines.
This is a summary of the measures we will be following to create a successful and safe show for everyone – these measures may well be relaxed over the coming months with further updates from the governments:
- New Date: We have moved the show to 6-8 July 2021 when we feel the Covid-19 pandemic will be under control.
- New Floorplan: Hall 5 has a large floor space with bigger aisles and will enable us to comfortably fit our expected audience across the 3 days.
- Registration: We will use registration technology to minimise queuing and contact during the registration process. Additionally, digital ticketing will enable contact tracing.
- Features: All our features at the event will all adhere to social distancing and safety standards as defined by the governments at the time.
- Cleaning: We will be offering a visible, enhanced cleaning regime. There will be an increased focus on key touch points, including restrooms, food and beverage areas and help points.
- Catering: There will be a number of catering points around the show which will all adhere to the safety guidelines, with distanced queuing, high cleanliness standard, hand sanitiser stations and disposable catering equipment.
- Stand cleaning: Exhibitors will be encouraged to clean their stands regularly throughout the event.
- Sanitising stations: UK Government advice is to wash your hands regularly via the provision of hand washing facilities. To supplement this, hand sanitiser stations will be positioned at key locations throughout the event.
- Signage: There will be increased signage to remind all attendees at the event to follow the current safety guidelines.
- Pre and post event communication: There will be a schedule of emails, social media posts and onsite reminders to all visitors and exhibitors of the safety measures in place.
- Avoid greeting others with physical contact (handshakes, hugs, etc).
- Where possible consider a digital solution for business cards, leaflets and catalogues.
We so much look forward to SOLEX 2021 and seeing you all again.