The Leisure and Outdoor Furniture Association is a proactive organisation representing the very best brands within the UK gardening industry, all adhering to the LOFA Code of Practice.
Established in 1967, our goal is to support and promote the commercial trading and industrial interests of our members. LOFA members offer a variety of products ranging from garden furniture, through barbecues, fire pits, and chimeneas to associated accessories all of which can be purchased in stores or online from major retailers worldwide.
What is LOFA
LOFA offers a range of services and support to its members, its primary aim as a professional trade association is to work with its members to develop good working practices, a respect for the environment and to provide consumers with up to date information on lifestyle products for the garden.
LOFA’s goal is to make every member feel supported, informed and inspired.
Internet innovation and marketing tenacity
With an estimated 3.48 billion people using social media, LOFA has embraced the medium as a source of marketing and engagement of consumers, retailers and members.
Social media provides a window into the future – using and monitoring social media is a great way to ensure LOFA are always aware and planning for future trends and opportunities for its members.
Websites too, are important in today’s myriad of marketing tools and LOFA’s website is easy to navigate and a great visitor experience.
Given the potential threat to business by the COVID-19 pandemic LOFA demonstrated its ability to support its members by supplementing its annual SOLEX exhibition with a virtual version attracting as many if not more visitors than its physical predecessors.
An initiative to ensure all cushions sold by LOFA members comply with the Government Fire Safety Regulations.
In recent tests, 8 out of 10 samples purchased from non-LOFA Assured members on the high street or online failed Government Fire Safety regulations and the products were removed from the market.
100% of all LOFA members are LOFA Assured meaning all furniture cushions sold by LOFA members comply with current Government Fire Safety Regulations. So, when buying outdoor / conservatory furniture with cushions, look for the LOFA Assured swing tag.
Be Safe – Be Sure – Be LOFA Assured.
Association Activities and LOFA Support
- Excellent contacts within the garden retail sector, particularly with garden centres across the UK.
- Opportunity to exhibit at the renowned exclusive SOLEX Trade Exhibition.
- Invited to attend LOFA’s Weekend Member Networking Event.
- A dedicated page on the LOFA website.
- Annual AGM / Conference.
- LOFA Annual Review of Trade – giving you access to the consolidated information that will be provided in report form to all LOFA members, allowing you to benchmark your business, confidentially, against the aggregate LOFA membership.
- Access to approved suppliers allowing members to make savings where possible.
- Benefit from advertising and Social Media campaigns to promote LOFA members within the industry.